Thursday's order of play:
Li vs Jankovic: Both players have won one match a piece in straight sets so this match could potentially decide who finishes at the top of the white group. Though the head to head is close, Li recently thrashed Jankovic 63 60 at the US Open (www.2013wtausopen.blogspot.com) but Li was definitely nervy in the match against Errani. From what I saw of Jankovic against Azarenka and the way she played so consistently, I feel she may get the better of Li this time.
Radwanska vs Kerber: As Radwanska has already lost 2 matches in straight sets she has to win this one in straight sets as she did in Beijing (www.2013wtabeijing.blogspot.com) if she is to have any distant hope of reaching the semis. Kerber has had the benefit of a day off and having only recently beaten Radwanska in Tokyo (www.2013wtatokyo.blogspot.com), before severely testing her in Beijing, she will be confident that she can keep her semi final hopes alive. I think Kerber may edge this one as Radwanska will be no doubt dejected after the last two nights.
Williams vs Kvitova: This is the match I've been most looking forward to since the draw was made! It will be a powerful match full of winners and big serves and Williams is understandably in a very strong position having already won 2 matches in comfortable fashion and never having lost to the Czech. However, Kvitova looked solid against Radwanska and pushed Serena to the brink earlier this year in Doha (www.wtadohaqatar.blogspot.com) so should test Williams more than anyone yet. I still think Williams will win but it should be a stern test.
No comments:
Post a Comment