Friday's order of play:
Azarenka vs Li: Li knows that a win in this match will secure her place in the semis. Therefore, she will be nervous. However, Azarenka has admitted to being burnt out and I don't think she has the form or even the motivation to beat Li. I think Li will beat Azarenka for the first time since 2011, avenging losses here in both 2011 and 2012.
Kvitova vs Kerber: This match will decide who will follow Williams into the semis so both players will be nervous. Its a battle of the lefties and their head to head is close, so I wouldn't be surprised if this match went the distance. Kerber played stunningly against Radwanska, whilst Kvitova was humbled by Williams, so the German has the advantage of going into the match with confidence. It's close, but I still favour Kvitova in this one.
Errani vs Jankovic: Errani is already out of the competition, so she will be playing for pride and prize money. This could make her very dangerous as she has nothing to lose. In contrast, Jankovic is still in the running for a semi final place. Obviously what transpires earlier between Azarenka and Li will have a major impact on Jankovic's psyche. I have a strange feeling that Errani could surprise everyone and win this match!
No comments:
Post a Comment